Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Woes?

Not Really

My introduction to raiding was scheduled for Saturday 8PM - 10 man Nax. Yes, this happens to be Valentine's Day, but my wife and I have never celebrated it. I have moral issues with the price hiking that goes on, as well as the unrealistic expectations some people have regarding the holiday, but that's a topic for another time.

So I went ahead and got the spousal OK to dedicate time for raiding on Saturday. Other members of our casual guild have family ties to a serious progression raiding guild on our server, and the plan was to fill the gaps with some kind folks from over there. We've been going about our week seeking gear upgrades through heroics, farming mats for consumables, and researching the fights.

Enter the Mother-in-Law

..and no, this is not a bad thing. She's an incredible lady, and the in-laws are fun to hang out with. She called with an offer to take us to the NHL game Saturday night. I would have turned it down, but the tickets are second row behind the Coyotes bench, and there's free food involved.

Billy never turns down free food!

It's bitter-sweet for sure, but my raiding intro will have to be postponed. Honestly though, spending time with my wife away from the kids is a novelty at times and far outweighs WoW moments.

I may try to PUG into an off-tank position this week to get a look and be reset for our guild's next week attempt.

Note: I still owe you an update of my UI and keybinding adjustment. I'll get to it. I chuckled when reading Kadomi's last post. Misery loves company and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Link your blog if you have one, so I can check it out!